Why are leeks, a Paleo superfood, so underutilized? Few people are aware of their benefits and know how to clean and use them.
The Health Benefits of Leeks
– They’re a good source of fiber, iron, and magnesium
– They’re a good source of vitamins A, B6, and K
– They’re packed with powerful
– They may help fight cancers, decrease your risk for certain diseases like heart disease, and help slow aging
– They have antimicrobial properties
– They’re good for your liver. It’s believed they reduce liver enzyme levels and lessen liver triglyceride accumulation.
– They improve cholesterol by decreasing total cholesterol and triglyceride levels while raising good cholesterol levels
– They improve blood pressure by increasing the production of nitric oxide, a naturally occurring gas that helps dilate and relax blood vessels
How To Clean Leeks
Because leeks grow in sandy soil, so they can be a little grimy. Therefore, it’s important that you clean them thoroughly. Here’s a quick and easy hack to get them clean.
Step 5: Remove from water and pat dry.